I’m Your Instructor!

Hello! I’m your instructor!

Just like you…I went to school

My background collage

I had formal schooling. I still learn all the time.

Schools I went to collage

I enjoy running…

I like to run collage

And attending…

I like going to art events collage

I usually take Hubz, family, or friends on my art and music exploration adventures.

UKULELE!!!! I play the ukulele obsessively!! I host an international open mic and jam every Friday night and have people from across the USA. There are always folks from 4-5 different countries who attend – even countries like Turkey and Brazil. 

I teach ukulele at the Folk School and through Patreon, and I have a YouTube Channel.

I’ll be taking you on a virtual exploration of music.   Let’s begin, shall we!?

If you were to have a theme song or theme composition, what would it be? (Introductions Part 1)

In the first 3 days of class, introduce yourself below in a comment in ONE sentence that describes your superpower.   In Unit 3, you will be doing more in-depth introductions on your own blog.

41 Replies to “I’m Your Instructor!”

1. Hello, my name is Lisa and I’m a homeschooling mother who loves reading, gardening, yoga, and taking care of our large sled dog kennel. I usually enjoy all types of music but these days my kids’ playlists seem to take priority, or I’m listening to my daughter play the piano and ukulele which I love. Be Kind To Yourself by Andrew Peterson is my current theme song.

2. Hello, my name is Rodric Laxina you could call me Rodric or Aiki I grew up in California and moved to Alaska around my sophomore year of high school then I moved back to California around 2020 just to be closer to family. The music that I listen to on a daily would probably be R&B and downtempo electronica as well as hip-hop / rap and Kpop/Jpop. Music that I dislike would have to be country it just doesn’t speak to me. It seems repetitive and have the same lyrical rhyming and stories. One song I do have stuck on my head is called Only by 이하이 (LeeHi) it’s constantly played at my work place a lot and I actually like the message and melody in this song. When I was younger I used to play the violin and piano but I have lost the skills to play again but I am pretty sure if I took a class again it would come back to me. Nowadays, I usually just audio edit beats and songs that I like by changing there pitch, duration, reverb and other audio effects.

3. Hi! My name is Clara. I am a Communications major. I am from Alaska, most recently Kodiak and I live in Fairbanks now. I love music! I am a percussionist by nature. It is a large part of the way I experience the world and I am excited to take a academic class on it’s exploration. My three most played instruments are piano, ukulele, and cajon although I love learning musical skills when I can.

Today’s brain worms are the old hymn “Trust and Obey” and “Low Pain Tolerance” by Abby Holliday. I like well made music. I have a hard time with poorly composed rap, pop, and country, but other those, I can enjoy most music. The genres I listen to the most would probably be Alt./Hard rock, worship and Lo-Fi. If I had a theme song, I think it would be “Rainbow Connection” by Kermit the Frog.

4. Hi everyone, my name is Macy:)
    I’ve been in Alaska most of my life, but was born in Las Vegas!
    My family has always been super musical, so I grew up playing clarinet and tenor sax in school bands and jazz bands, but also learned drums, keys, and bass for playing at church.
    I really enjoy jazz, 80’s, and film scores, but I listen to a wide range of music. If I had to pick one music genre that I’m not a huge fan of, it’d be country, buuuut I’ll still listen to it occasionally.
    I think that if I had to pick a theme song for my life it would be “Mr. Blue Sky” by Electric Light Orchestra. It has a fun mix of rock, funk, and orchestral components, and is an overall catchy tune that makes me happy:)

5. Hello everyone my name is Gareth, I am from Kodiak Alaska and that is where I currently reside. I am just recently getting back into school after spending a few months living in Nepal.
    I enjoy listening to music spanning many different genres, but my most listened to are indie, alternative, and underground music, as well as the 70/80s music my parents raised me on. I really have no background or basis in music at all, I have never played an instrument or sang, and I know very little about music in general; but I do enjoy listening to it a lot. My theme song right now would be Relax by vacations or The Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd.
    I am very excited to learn with and share perspective with my peers this semester!

6. Hello!
    My name is Dawson Vrana. I have lived in Alaska for all of my life but have traveled and lived all over the southern states. I am currently majoring in petroleum engineering living in Fairbanks.
    I absolutely love country music and thats essentially all I listen to. I don’t necessarily dislike any other form of music, country music is just what I grew up listening to. I would say my theme song would be “Famous Friends” by Chris Young. I don’t play any instruments anymore, although I used to play the saxophone. I am very excited to get back into music and expand what I listen to, as well as my general knowledge of music.

7. Hello! My name is Dawson Vrana. I have lived in Alaska for all of my life but have traveled and lived all over the southern states. I am currently majoring in petroleum engineering living in Fairbanks.
    I absolutely love country music and thats essentially all I listen to. I don’t necessarily dislike any other form of music, country music is just what I grew up listening to. I would say my theme song would be “Famous Friends” by Chris Young. I don’t play any instruments anymore, although I used to play the saxophone. I am very excited to get back into music and expand what I listen to, as well as my general knowledge of music.

8. Hello class, I’m Brittany Starkweather, a Psychology major going to school online full time, working full time, a mother of 4 boys and training to be a credentialed life coach. My favorite style of music is country, though I listen to many styles on my daily playlist; the only style of music I do not appreciate is rap, if I can’t understand the words then I won’t be personally listening to it. I play the piano, nothing like a classical pianist, but I play for my church every week and have been doing that for twenty years now. If I had a theme song right now, I would say it is Let It Go from Frozen, with how much I feel I am juggling in life, all the little things I need to learn to simply Let It Go.

9. Hello! My name is Taylor, I like a lot of music that tells a story. It leaves you always really feeling the music rather than just the beat, as well as more of a slow melodic rhythm rather than fast paced, so you can feel like you’re really sinking into the feeling its trying to give you. Bands like Tame Impala or artists like Ralph Castelli really do a great job of hitting all of my marks, Ralphs top track “Morning Sex” gives a calm, almost nostalgic tone while telling a story of his fantasy. While its easy to get lost in the beautiful sound produced, he manages to speak clearly while almost going completely unheard from blending in with the rest of the song so well. This one is definitely stuck in my head, if I had a theme song it would most likely be Electric Avenue by Eddy Grant because it was in the film “Pineapple Express” which speaks a lot to me on a deeper level.

10. Hello, I’m Natalie and I’m 17 years old. I used to play the violin from the age of 5 and was a part of the chamber orchestra in high school for 2 years. However, I quit playing the instrument when I turned 16 as I lost my love for it. My favorite music varies depending on my mood, but I usually enjoy indie music. I’m a big fan of Borns, The Neighbourhood, and Empire of the Sun. This genre of music makes me feel connected to nature and adventurous, making me want to participate in intense outdoor activities. I love listening to indie music while downhill skiing. I’m not a fan of hard rock, as it tends to stress me out. If I had to choose a theme song, it would definitely be the intro to “Way to Go” by Empire of the Sun.

11. Hello, My name is Lincoln DeBerry, I’m a fan of rock, punk-pop and lo-fi. I play the drums, and if I had to choose a theme song it would probably be. Burnout: by green day.

12. Hello everyone, my name is Collette Paige. I am 19 and I live in Oscoda Michigan. I spent four years in Fairbanks/ Eielson/ North Pole, Alaska before moving back to Michigan. I am a full time student and employee. I enjoy almost all forms of music with the exception of the majority of country music. My favorite songs are songs that have piano, bass, layered harmonies and a story but I am not too exclusive, if I hear it and it sounds nice to me I like it. I do not play any instruments but I enjoy singing a lot, music is always playing in my life. My theme song would probably be Suspicion by Sherwood Roberts.

13. Hi, I’m Ian Bracken. I’m 19 and from anchorage. I moved here 2 years ago to attend UAF and major in Elementary Education. I really love music it something that I have to have playing when I do almost everything. I like country, rap, Hip hop. I like jazz when I’m cleaning my house or truck. I haven’t played an instrument in years but when I did, I played the Saxaphone I quit playing when I realized I wasn’t very good. If I had a theme song it would probably be Part in the U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus.

14. HI, I’m Ian Bracken. I’m from Anchorage Alaska. I’m 19 this is my 2nd year at UAF and I’m Majoring Elementary Education. I love music it’s something that is always involved in my life. I love country, rap, Hip hop, and jazz.

15. Hi my name Is Paityn James. I just recently moved to North Carolina. My husband ho stationed here is what lead myself to move across the U.S. Im am shooting to be a nurse. My favorite type of music is either country or rap. My least favorite music would have to be heavy metal rock. I have two songs/ tunes stuck in my head which are Something in The Orange and also Dawns by Zach Bryan. When I was younger I used to play the piano and was able to play Für Elise. If I had a theme song for myself it would probably have to be Im a Mess by Bebe Rexah because I’ve taken a turn in life and switched my majors in college for the second time and Im still trying to figure out who I am and just now started a new chapter in life by moving to the east coast when I lived in alaska most of my life.

16. Hello, my name is Keanu Aragon and I am a Fire Science major. I’m originally from California but I’ve moved to Fairbanks for school to pursue my fire science degree. I really love music which means that I am also very diverse with music genres, music from different languages and music from movies or shows but I mostly listen to a lot of alternative music and movie soundtracks. If I had a theme song it would be “Party Tonight” from Regular Show.

17. Hello, my name is Bambi Nelson and I’m an Interdisciplinary Studies BA major. I work at UAF for the Rural Alaska Honors Institute (RAHI) program. My husband and I are originally from Tok and lived in Fairbanks for many years before taking a 6 year break in Houston, TX. We moved back to Alaska last summer and are so glad to be home again.

I really love music and according to my 2023 Wrapped, listened primarily to the Beatles, the Killers, Arcade Fire, Tom Petty, Phish and Pink Floyd. But recently I’ve lost control of my Spotify account because my 11-year-old has discovered Weird Al and likes to choose our playlist when in the car together! =)

I don’t currently play an instrument but I used to play the violin. I also recently left a job at a children’s library and had aspirations of learning to play the ukulele to enhance the fun of my toddler story times. I haven’t given up on that, though. It’s such a joyful instrument!

My personal theme song is “Barracuda” by Heart. The bass intro just makes you feel like you can take on the world and gives me power! But my favorite song is probably “Waterloo” by ABBA. I can’t help but sing at full blast when I’m alone. Funny enough, I prefer the Mamma Mia soundtrack as opposed to the original recordings.

Have a great semester, everyone!

18. Hello! My name is Savannah Kosinski. I recently moved to Anchorage about a year ago from Arizona and love it here. Currently I am working on an Associates in Science. My husband and I enjoy hikes and any time we get with our two dogs in nature.
    I listen to a very large variety of music but mainly enjoy alternative and rap. Country and pop are lower on my list but I still find artists within these genres that I like and enjoy.
    Currently I do not play an instrument but I enjoy listening to my husband play piano.
    If I had to pick a theme song for myself I would pick Wolf Like Me by TV On The Radio. Some parts of the song are strong and fast while other slow down and take a gentle touch. I consider myself similar as I have a good mixture of moods that collide on a daily basis.
    Excited to learn more about music!

19. In the Comments tell us a little about yourself in a few sentences. What kind of music do you really like, really dislike, got a tune stuck in your head?? Do play an instrument? If you had a theme song what would it be??

I raise three kids, at the age of 27, all while going to school and working full time! This is the ONE sentence I believe makes me a superhero!
    My name is Amber Dennis and I am from St. Mary’s, a small-knit rural community. I work for the St Marys School District as the Administrative Secretary (very demanding job), go to school virtually, and take care of a family.
    I have a variety of music favorites! I honestly go from gospel to rap in the same sentence, but I also enjoy country, r&b, and romantic slow music, I am a big fan of upbeat dance music. I am not a great singer, nor do I play any instruments but I do love to sing. One of my favorite unique music is fiddle music. We have a local band player in town and I could listen, sing, and dance to his music all day. I will not for the life of me stand heavy metal. I think my theme song would be “Beautiful Crazy- Luke Combs” but I cannot forget “Picture- Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow” is always my go-to, to blast and sing.

20. Hello, I am Olivia Taylor and I am currently a full-time student majoring in Social Work while having two jobs and a dog team.
    Ironically, I have a sled dog race team named after a jazz composer and musician named Sun Ra who is best known for his experimental music. I chose to name my kennel after him because I thought his uniqueness was significant in the diversity of how jazz can be manipulated by making small alterations to instruments and making a whole new sound. Experimental Music has been my favorite and habitually regular in helping me adjust to liking almost every type of music so I do not have any dislikes with music, if anything I do not like acoustic covers.
    Before I moved to Alaska, I lived in the Virgin Islands for 18 years during which I was exposed to reggae, calypso, and Latin Jazz. I believe this music led me to become more engrossed and willing to connect to jazz as a young adult. I then advanced to New York which led me to my favorite radio station WKCR 89.9FM NY. Living in New York enabled me to see my first jazz concert at Blue Note featuring Ron Carter which led to many more at the Village Vanguard and the Fat Black Pussy Cat located in the west village.
    The potency of living in New York and listening to my favorite radio show “Bird Flight” by the great Phil Schaap coerced me into buying an alto saxophone. This wasn’t my best decision; I am not great. However, this did lead me to learn that I appreciate vinal analog rather than digital recordings. My current theme song is a hard tie between Cibo Matto’s” Deja Vu” and Frank Zappa’s ” Waka/Jawaka.”

21. Hello everyone. My name is Jonathan Snowden and I am from the southern region of the United States. I bounced back and forth between Louisiana and Mississippi in my childhood. I was military for 13 years and that’s what brought me up here to this beautiful state. As for music, I tend to find myself leaning more toward hip hop because of my culture and where I grew up even though I listen to all genres. I would say heavy metal is a genre I dislike and don’t listen to really. Everything just feels distorted if I hear heavy metal. Unfortunately I don’t play an instrument, however, I do admire and like to listen to others play the saxophone. It is just soothing to my soul. If I had a theme song, I think it would be “If I ruled the world” by Nas featuring Lauryn Hill or any type of conscious Hip Hop song.

22. Hi, my name is Karsten Kroener. I am from Chugiak Alaska which is just outside of Anchorage. Now I live in Fairbanks. I have been a commercial fisherman in Bristol bay for many years, then I went to IT school in Seward, AK. After that I ran my own computer business for several years. Now I’m in a bachelor of Arts in Art program. I like a lot of music genres. The one I listen to the most is Electronic music (Grimes, Negative Gemini, Instupendo, etc.). I don’t play any instruments, but I do like to play around in garageband and make “otherworldly sounding” music. I think my theme song would be Breathless by Small Black.

23. Hello, my name is Jonathan Grates but I go by Jon. I live in North Pole, Alaska. During the summers i work for Alaska Fire Service as a fueler for the airplanes that are fighting the fires. I decided last fall that I was going to use my GI bill to go to school so that it didn’t go to waste and also to try and better myself with knowledge that will allow me to grow in a different profession. I was in the military but am retired now due to injuries but now just try to stay busy with work and now school during off times. I am working on my degree in applied management. I like most music but mostly listen to country, r&b, and hip hop. I don’t play any instruments but listen to music as kind of an escape. The main thing i do anymore on my free time is play pool or billards. I travel to Las Vegas every year in February to compete in the BCA championships that are held there for 2 weeks. Doing a few online courses allows for me to be able to do that and still complete my homework.

24. Hi, My name is Emely. I would consider myself from Alaska, specifically Bethel. I was born in Miami, Florida. I grew up in Georgia and then moved to Alaska. When I was living in Georgia I joined my school band. I played flute and was in the Marching Band for Football and Basketball games. It was a lot of fun and I had fun doing it. I did stop because I got very nervous a lot when it was my time to play the flute. I have a condition where my body has a constant slight tremor and when I get nervous it’s very prominent. I did stop playing but I do think I remember a few keys. I do love music, I just love orchestra music. On my Spotify music it will say I listen to a lot of Pop though. I used to have Lindsey Stirling as my top artist for three years. She was my go to music for violin covers. I have a tendency to listen to a lot of background music in tv shows and movies. I love the Game of Thrones theme song and it just makes me feel good and I can just imagine the mood it sets me in, it feels like I am back in Renaissance time. I also love the Pirates of the Caribbean music as well. I also love the Harry Potter music, it was really done well. I also do read a lot and I always play orchestra music while listening to pretend it is my background music to my book, I am very much a classical person. For my Theme song I would probably pick ‘Cello Suite No. 1 in G major’ by Johann Sebastian Bach, Yo-Yo Ma. It gives off this energy of elegance and classy, that I do feel like shows well in my personality. I also love ‘Theme from New York, New York,’ by Frank Sinatra. This song gives a very relaxing feel and yet very playful attitude that I do think people see for me being outgoing. As my personal theme song because I always feel like I am challenging myself ‘The Ecstacy of Gold- 2004 Remaster’ by Ennio Morricone. I feel this song as I am going through this last semester with 18 credits and a full time job.

25. My name is Alyssa Adams and have lived here in Fairbanks for almost a year due to my husband being stationed here in the Army. I am majoring in Elementary School Education and would love to be a kindergarten – 2nd grade teacher. While working towards my degree I am also a stay-at-home mom to two sweet little boys and couldn’t be more grateful that I have been able to stay home with them. When it comes to music, I’m really not particular to one genre of music but if I did have to choose it would be either country or R&B. I have played a couple of instruments throughout my life, but I am not very musically inclined, I played that violin and the clarinet just for a really small amount of time. Currently, my favorite song that I would use as my theme song is Never Again by Russ.

26. Hi, my name is Josh Fine. I was born and raised in North Pole and am currently enrolled in the social work program. I work in behavioral health as a peer support specialist, where I use my lived experience to support individuals who are struggling with life’s challenges. As for my music taste, I would say that it is extremely broad. I appreciate music of all genres, though I tend to gravitate toward singer/songwriter folk music due to it’s generally powerful and emotional lyrics. The type of music that I consume is still quickly broadening and I hope that this class can me learn more about music in general. I don’t necessarily have a current theme song but “Cocaine and Abel” by Amigo the Devil has been a song that I revisit regularly. The lyrics speak to me personally and the live “Caving in sessions” version has a haunting tone that always sparks reflection for me.

27. Hi! My name is Kathryn. I’ve lived pretty much my whole life in Fairbanks Alaska, but I love to travel when I can. I have been playing the piano since I was 6, but my love for music really came around when I was in high school. My favorite genres are the baroque and classical eras, movie soundtracks, old country, and old church hymns. My least favorite are hard metal and rock, and rap. Usually I have a hymn stuck in my head or an old tv show theme. If I had a theme song, it would probably be “the Gambler” by Kenny Rogers.

28. Hi everyone! my name is Mercedes and I’m a biology major! I’m taking this class just to fill in some credits I was missing, but I’m still super excited about it. I live in Fairbanks and have been here about 18 years now (I’m 20!), so I consider that to be living here pretty much my whole life. I enjoy country music and r&b style, with some phonk mixed (mainly because of my love for the car scene, and its great music for that), and I realllly dislike jazz. I don’t play an instrument, but used to have a keyboard so I somewhat know the basics for that. I don’t know if I have a “theme song”, but the song “68 Fastback” by Zach Bryan has a special place in my heart.

29. I’ve made a few attempts to comment, somehow mis-posting each one. So if this is the 3rd one y’all see from me. I’m doing my best haha.

My name is Jenn, I’m an Alaskan born and raised. I don’t think there’s a type of music that I truly cannot stand; though, admittedly, tolerance for some country tunes is limited. Depends on precisely how honky-tonk we’re talking. When it comes to music I do like, it’s everything from Amy Winehouse, to Russ, to The Score. All over the map. I don’t think I could select a theme song, it’s too difficult to choose, though I am open to new music suggestions always.

30. Hello everyone! My name is Holly, I was born and raised in Anchorage, AK and currently live on Fort Wainwright with my husband, our two cats, and our dog. I have always loved music and I am looking forward to learning more about it in this class. I would say that one “superpower” I have would be being able to tell you the name and artist of a song fairly quickly, within seconds. All my life I have listened to all different genres of music so honestly it depends on my mood for what I feel like listening to. As for my theme song it really depends on the day, it is constantly changing.

31. Hi all, my name is Carson Myren and I was born and raised in Anchorage Alaska. I moved to Fairbanks last year to complete my bachelor’s in petroleum engineering. I used to play trumpet in elementary and middle school, but I lost love for the instrument and quit after 8th grade. In terms of what kind of music I like, I would have to say that I like almost all kinds of music. Really, the only genre that I don’t enjoy as much is indie music. Almost everything else is free game. The music that I listen to the most, however, is country, cloud rap, and dark trap. Lastly, I don’t think that I would have a theme song, so many songs randomly flip through my head that I don’t think that I could pick one.

32. Hello! My name is Dawson Vrana. I was born and raised in Alaska. I moved to Fairbanks to pursue a petroleum engineering degree. I used to be a bull rider, and video game player. Quite the unorthodox combination. As for my taste in music. I almost exclusively listen to country music. With some rock mixed in on occasion. I did play the saxophone in elementary school, but had a very poor experience with the instructor and in essence ruined the endeavor for me. I wouldn’t say I have a theme song, I enjoy songs I can relate to, so essentially every song in my playlist makes up a small portion of an overarching theme song that is my life!

33. Hello, my name is Cameron Elkins and I am from Powell County Kentucky, which is where I currently reside. I haven’t found many forms of music that I cannot tolerate but I do tend to listen to country or bluegrass. I come from a family of bluegrass music with many guitar and banjo players.I play the acoustic guitar when I have time but still consider myself to be a novice.
    I think my theme song at the moment would have to be Matterhorn performed by The Country Gentlemen. It really gives me a sense of adventure and never fails to keep my singing and driving along wherever I am currently going.

34. My name is Kylee and I like basically all types of music except certain types of rock and country genres, but it still depends. I listen to a lot of rap, R&B, and early 2000s music, but I have a handful of artists that have always been my favorites like Sabrina Claudio, Jhené Aiko, Daniel Caesar, and Sinéad Harnett. I used to play piano and violin throughout school growing up and often miss it. It’s so hard to think of just one song to be my theme song, but maybe it would be “Frozen” by Sabrina Claudio, “We Find Love” by Danielle Caesar, or “20 something” by SZA.

35. Hello! My name is Amelie Collard and I am living overseas this semester. I used to play the cello for 9 years until I got tendonitis in my hands. I listen to a lot of genres and don’t really have a specific music taste. Recently, I have been listening to asian traditional instruments and current pop artists such as the weekend. My morning alarm music is the starwars theme song and I use foreign songs to help me learn different languages for fun.

36. Hi my name is Gage (he/him), I was born and raised in Alaska! I joined the USMC and was honorably discharged all the way back in 2016. Between then and 2023 I fathered 2 beautiful children and am now using my GI bill to pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

I would say that music I find enjoyable is more based on a case-by-case experience. I jump between all genres of music seeking beats, melodies, and lyrics that I can connect with on some sort of level. Honestly I find that music can enhance all experiences in life as a separate form of communication, more directed towards emotion.

I personally don’t like much of country and folk music, I don’t really know why, perhaps it’s because I was never really apart of that culture. That doesn’t mean there isn’t any songs within the genre that I can find entertaining, they are just few and far in-between. Kind of ironically I do play a very little guitar and find that country songs are the easiest to play. So most of the stuff I can play sounds and is country.

If I was to have a theme song it would be something that doesn’t have lyrics, like an electronic or acoustic beat. Personally if I had a theme song, the conversations and actions taking place determine the story and the music enhances that. I think that lyrics are something to connect with on a personal level not enhance the moment, although they are commonly used in this way.

37. Hi everyone! My name is Amanda, and I’m a double-degree-er almost done with a BA in History (East Asia) and a BFA in Art (Drawing & Painting). I was born and raised in Anchorage, and spent the past three decades there until August, when I moved to Fairbanks to complete my degrees in residence. Now I’m a “real” Alaskan and know what “cold” is!

Music is kind of a baseline interest for me, and I spent most of my middle/high school and early college years practicing and performing: three years on viola, and then I switched to guitar so I could accompany myself on vocals. I’ve dabbled in a lot of other instruments, including piano and ukulele, and songwriting is something I’ve been trying to build skill in for a while (in between many other pursuits). I tend to gravitate towards the “chill” side of alternative and indie-type music, as well as alt. pop/rock, some R&B-influenced singer/songwriter stuff — as well as basically anything that does something innovative and interesting. I still love orchestral music that is more “emotive” and sweeping, including a lot of film scores, and in the right mood I can get into ’80s rock. There are definitely some genres that I will avoid (country, most rap, heavy metal), but otherwise I’m pretty eclectic. The last few years has seen the rise of K-pop for me (taken from Kdrama soundtracks).

I’m not sure if I really have a theme song, but maybe Mercury by Sleeping At Last. A favorite song of mine is Dream or Reality by Car, the Garden. There’s so much going on in there and all the details are so well considered. I just wish I spoke Korean! I can understand about five words and some bits of grammar. The lyrics are nice in translation, though.

38. My name is Renée, and I’m a double degree student in my senior year, finishing up a BA in History and a BFA in Art (Amanda is my twin sister, and we like to confuse people by taking classes together and doing all the same things, haha). My superpower would probably be being interested in everything — hence the two degrees, plus multiple unrelated but complementary pursuits (music being one of them).

Music has always been an active part of my life, to a greater or lesser extent: I started out with singing very young, followed by violin, then basic guitar and piano in high school, and now I play the ukulele for fun. I consider myself a collector of sounds, and I try every instrument I can get my hands on, with a special affinity for strings (I really want to try a haegeum and/or erhu someday).

When I’m working, I prefer slower/emotive classical music or instrumentals (nothing too fast, brassy, or overcomplicated), and ballad-type songs where the words aren’t distracting. In general, I can find something to appreciate in any genre, but there are some that I definitely avoid, like country, (most) rap, and heavy metal. If I had a theme song, it would probably be Sun by Sleeping at Last (one of my favorite artists) — I listen to that one a lot on repeat.

39. Hi everyone!

I am incredibly inspired by this class!

I worked as an electronic musician for a few years. I produced and DJ, which enabled me to travel and explore many places; India, Portugal, Hungary, Turkey and more. I also play piano, sing and used to play clarinet and the drums.

My music taste has been, and will hopefully continue to be – eclectic and unboxed. I listen to jazz, classical, house, folk, metal, country, rock, pop, Turkish psychedelic rock (BabaZula rocks), and some music I can classify only as sounds — really, anything.

If I had a theme song it would be groove is in the heart by Deelite.

Excited for the semester ahead!!

Hattie

40. Penilaian prestasi akademik di SMA Islam terbaik memiliki dampak yang signifikan dalam pembentukan karakter dan moral siswa. Ini juga menjadi alat untuk mendorong motivasi belajar dan mempersiapkan siswa untuk menghadapi tantangan akademis dan profesional di masa depan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *